Responsible for entering and coding
patient services into a computer system and generating invoices to be sent to
the patient. Sorts and files paperwork, handles insurance claims, and performs
- Collects delinquent accounts by establishing payment
arrangements with patients; monitoring payments; following up with
patients when payment lapses occur.
- Maintains Medicare bad-debt cost report by tracking
billings; monitoring collections; compiling information.
- Initiates claims against estates by monitoring deaths
and unpaid accounts; informing legal department to act on probate and
estate issues; following-up with clerk of court.
- Secures outstanding balance payments by establishing
payroll deductions; obtaining signatures for automatic transfers,
- Secures obstetrical payments by interviewing and
obtaining information from pre-delivery patients; establishing payments
due prior to delivery; sending monthly statements.
- Maintains work operations by following policies and
procedures; reporting compliance issues.
- Maintains quality results by following standards.
- Protects Sugar Land EMS by keeping collection
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
- Serves and protects the community by adhering to
professional standards, policies and procedures and federal, state, and
- Enhances billing department and hospital reputation by
accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests;
exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.